Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!! Also, it's officially spring. Have you done your spring cleaning yet? Or at least tried to start cleaning out the clutter? Did mine the other day. It's been so long since I've dusted. Little dust bunnies were forming. Maybe that's why I've been having allergies lately. haha...

Anywho... I've been on a creative drive lately. I don't know where it's coming from, but I love it. I've missed it. It's been a while since I've had this creative force boiling in me. Once I start I can't stop. All the worries about funding and what not for my other semi-big project and just trying to make ends meet each week just bring me down. This newly creative drive has given me an alternative plan while I try to get that semi-big production off the ground.

I'm planning on shooting a mini Super 8mm film project in a couple of months. It's actually a series of mini shorts. Release consecutively within weeks of one another. But I don't want to give away too much about the project. I tend to get a little protective or on the fence about giving away details about certain things. You know how artists get sometimes, right? Very secretive folks we are.

I will, however, give a small clue. The title of the series is called Senses.

Lastly... A couple of deaths this week in the world of film and literature. First, Academy-Award winning director Anthony Minghella died Tuesday. He was 54 years old. Some of his work include Truely Madly Deeply, Cold Mountain, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Breaking and Entering and most notablely The English Patient, which he won the 1997 best director award and the film also won best picture that same year.

Second, author Arthur C. Clarke, who wrote the famed 2001: A Space Odessey and many other science fiction novels. You may know the film by Stanley Kubrick under the same name. He was 90 years old.

No comments:

 
web statistics