Sunday, April 20, 2008

There comes a time when you know you're not meant to be in the place where you're right now.

I've been having that feeling for a while and it keeps getting stronger by the minute. It sucks that this feeling isn't a happy one either. It all began going downhill since the beginning of the year. In my personal life, I've been doing great. Awesome support from people around me. I really don't know where I'd be without them.

It's the current job aspect that's the kicker. It isn't what I thought it would turn out to be when I decided to work there full time some months back. I used to be excited about going to work in the morning. There have been a couple of jobs where I enjoyed working. This place ain't one of them. It's turned into more of a chore or even a burden just to work there. I can't even begin to tell you how I hate it. At the same time, I also feel obligated to finish the job for the sake of the client. I want to make sure the client is happy.

I need to make a living somehow while I get my feet off the ground. I'm hoping I'll find a job that's more up to par with my skills with a better salary -- because right now my co-worker and I are seriously being jipped considering the amount of work that we do -- and a company that treats its workers with the respect that they deserve. An added bonus would be someone who knows how to run a company and not take advantage of the employees.

Then eventually after I've established myself enough, give or take a couple of years, I'll fully devote my time to my own company, Five Foot Filmworks. It's been two and a half years since I started it and the company still going strong. Slow and steady with an ever growing list of future projects. I guess the saying rings true "no pain, no gain." We all have to suffer a little to reach our goals.

On an upside... I got a rare opportunity to hold in my hands a letter that was written in January of 1841.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments:

 
web statistics