Saturday, June 21, 2008

You know... The more I think about something, the more determined I am to get it done. It's just the nature of me. If I don't get that something done, it bothers the living hell out of me. but that's just how I'm feeling at the moment.

As one of the many experiences I had during my stay in the Philippines, I'm was really amazed by how so many people can survive on so little. Sometimes a family can only afford to pay for a small handful of rice. Some can't afford to buy new shoes. Sandals worn down to the thinnest layer. Children being put to work at a young age. Some have no money to pay for tuition, so kids miss out on having any sort of education. It breaks my heart to see them like that, but many of them had smiles on their faces. Even in poverty they found some form of happiness. They are grateful to just to be able to survive. Their lives are simple.

No comments:

 
web statistics