Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Giant Squid?

There are so many things running through my mind right now and it's sometimes hard to concentrate on just one thing. I'm always thinking about ideas, dreams, family, friends and colleagues that sometimes I end up forgetting to think about myself. 

Anyway, part of the things clogging up my mind are dreams I have had from the past and present. For as long as I could remember I've been fascinated by dreams. How we interpret them as one way, but it can also mean another. A couple of months ago, I had a dreaming that I was being attacked by a giant humbold squid. Mmmm...calamari, anyone? You know those elusive giant squids that live in the deep with those two long feeding tentacles that seem longer than its body and the enemy of the whale. If you're still nor sure...google it. Anyway...weird, huh?

The location in the dream wasn't even on a boat or anywhere near water. It was in a room somewhere almost like a living room of some kind. It seemed like the squid didn't need water as it thrashed its long tentacles against me. Leaving me scratched and probably bruised. I try to fight it off, prying off the sharp suction cups as they strike. There is a struggle between us.

I'm not sure how the dream ended. I woke up confused rather than scared. They say we have many dreams in one night. Some we remember, some we don't. A lot of the time they relate to things that we've been thinking about through the day.  So what does a squid mean? I not quite sure, but I hope it means something positive.

No comments:

 
web statistics