Sunday, June 17, 2007

I couldn't think of a clever title for this week's blog, so it's untitled.

I was reading up on a few female directors the other day and there's this quote that really intrigued me. The quote was said by Kathryn Bigelow. She directed a reallly awesome movie called Strange Days back in the mid-90s.


"If there's specific resistance to women making movies, I just choose to ignore that as an obstacle for two reasons: I can't change my gender, and I refuse to stop making movies. It's irrelevant who or what directed a movie, the important thing is that you either respond to it or you don't. There should be more women directing; I think there's just not the awareness that it's really possible. It is." - Kathryn Bigelow


In many ways I feel the same.


Also...
Happy Father's Day to all Fathers!

No comments:

 
web statistics