Sunday, August 03, 2008

We had a nice little shake-up here earlier this week in lovely southern Cali. A 5.4 magnitude earthquake near Chino Hills. I was walking near old town Pasadena when it hit. Funny thing is I was close to a construction site, so I initially thought it was a piece of huge machinery that fell over. Then I see those around me in a sort of confusion as to what just happened, exiting buildings and immediately on their cell phones. Another indication would be when I saw a bunch of teenage girls freaking out and holding on to one another as if it were the end of the world. This is when I realized that it was something more than just a large piece of machinery.

It's been more than a decade since the Northridge quake and I remember that event very clearly. Plus people have been saying we're overdue for a big one. Eeek!! So could this be the appetizer to the main course??

Earthquakes aside, it's now the month of August. Where the hell did July go? It went by like a whip-lash. *insert whip sound here* Nothing worth noting that has happened in the past month. It seems like it was relatively. Unless I missed out on something, then that would be a drag.

Olympics starts in a few days in Beijing, China. So at least I'll have something to watch on the tube aside from reruns. Oddly enough this week, I managed to catch myself a little summer cold. How I got sick...I dunno. Just glad I'm over it.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments:

 
web statistics