Sunday, March 01, 2009

#100

Today's post marks a milestone on this blog. It's the hundredth post since I've launched this blog back in 2007. WOOHOO!!! Although, I've been blogging even before that, just at a different site.

The other day, I was going through some of my old writings and scribbles. I'm amazed by how much I've written. Story ideas and random thoughts I had at the time. Observations and conversation I found to be interesting. Class notes with diagrams with meaningless doodles.

Then there's a collection of poetry dating back to 1999. It's been 10 years since I began writing poetry and I've written quite a bit. It's a good stress reliever actually. Full of my emotions, thoughts and other things. I read a few of them and I wonder, what was I feeling at the time? What lead me to write this poem this way?

Anyway... Here's a poem that I had written in 2003 as a little treat for the hundredth post. I don't usually post any of my writings, but I thought I'd make this one exception. Also, please don't steal or repost this poem anywhere else without permission. Otherwise, hope you enjoy it.

UNTITLED
© Jennifer Razon 2003

I never had the joy of feeling
The feeling of being wanted
Standing alone on the empty floor
Waiting for my time to come
Emotions starting to roll

No regrets on mistakes I've made
Going my own way down
A one man show
Full of endless statements I've made
The sideshow event is in town

I alone
I've gone
To somewhere I belong
Down the road
Choices I've made
Has made me
Into the person I am today
I have to keep walking on
Keep walking on

Light seeping through the smallest crack
A ray that hits my eye
A shining hope
Lost long ago
To grasp it within my hand
Emotions starting to roll

No comments:

 
web statistics