Sunday, August 02, 2009

Writing with Julia Child

Is it just me or does the weeks seem to go by really fast? Sometimes, I'm left scrambling to write-up this week's post as I lose track of the day. Eek! But never fear, I was prepared for this week. I've been working away on my script for the past few months now. I'm currently diving into the 4th draft as I post this. The core story remains the same and I feel like I'm making progress in making it as interesting and tight as possible. Have I mentioned that this is the longest I've worked on a feature script I've written? Usually, they gather dust on the shelf after the first draft.

I'm determined to get this done and get it made. (*crossing finger and praying to the heavens*) I'm envisioning the look of it now. The actors I hope I will be playing the characters. Locations that I want to shoot in. Costumes, set designs, historical accuracies, music. It's something that hasn't really been told to, which is a great thing about this. I initially wrote about the story briefly several weeks ago (here). A little side note as in that post, I mentioned that the year was circa 1944. It's now 1942. Everything else remains the same.

This week is a little exciting for me because a movie about food will be opening in theaters. What movie, you ask? Julie & Julia. Based on the book by Julie Powell about her year of making all of Julia Child's recipes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking. A book that is #1 on my Christmas wishlist this year. Volume 1 and 2. For those who know me well, know my love for food and all things food. If it's your first time here, at least that's one thing you know about me besides my works and interests in the entertainment industry. I also do a daily food blog called Bread + Butter. It's 98% recipes, so if you ever need something to cook, stop on by and check it out. I've got things from easy to intermediate.



Here's the synopsis of the movie via IMDB:
"Julia Child (Meryl Streep) and Julie Powell (Amy Adams) are featured in writer-director Nora Ephron's adaptation of two bestselling memoirs: Powell's Julie & Julia and My Life in France, by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme. Based on two true stories, Julie & Julia intertwines the lives of two women who, though separated by time and space, are both at loose ends...until they discover that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, anything is possible."


I'm SUPER excited. When something involves thing that your passionate about you can't help but be excited about it. Those two things for me are film and food. Two F's that don't have anything to do with a school grade. Woohoo!!

The trailer for your enjoyment:

1 comment:

Heather S-G said...

LOL!! I hear you...it really seems like it was just the beginning of July and now it's gone...seriously, where in the world does the time go!? I am sooooooo eagerly anticipating this movie. When I think about it, it makes me giggle how much I want to see it and how much all my foodie friends want to see it...we're like Star Wars fans waiting for new installment!

 
web statistics