Sunday, October 18, 2009

5:55 with Toys

This past week has been a pretty hectic one. I had plans to go watch Where the Wild Things Are and put write up for today, but as plans go, things don't always happen they way you want. But on an upside, I got to celebrate my godson's first birthday. Yippy on that! I'll try to catch the movie during the week or at a matinee showing. Plus, I think it's better to watch movies when there isn't much of a crowd around. I value the silence in the theater. I really do. Remember that saying, "silence is golden"? As much as I like to see things on opening weekend, I'm not fond of crowded theaters. I do on a rare occasion, for a movie I desperately want to see, will brave the eager crowds.

Anyway, I was listening to Charlotte Gainsbourg's album 5:55 earlier this week and I love it very much. It's actually been on rotation on my ipod for the past couple of years. She is the daughter of famous French singer Serge Gainsbourg and British actress Jane Birkin. She has also done quite well for herself in the acting department with films like 21 Grams, The Science of Sleep, I'm Not There, and, more recently, AntiChrist, of which she won Best Actress at this year's Cannes Film Festival.

I remember watching the music video for 5:55 and there's just something to it that I love. It may be the simplicity and subtlety of it. You don't see a whole lot, yet it plays to the imagination. Directed by her husband French actor, Yvan Attal (the cab driver from Rush Hour 3), who also plays the man in the video. It's a lovely song. There's something about her singing that makes it really appealing. Well, I wouldn't really call it singing. You know, she may not have a singer's voice, but she does have that soft-spoken, whispering quality to it. It's beckoning you to come and listen. Apparently, I did and still listening.




This week's trailer:




Toy Story 3


From the creators of Toy Story 1 & 2. Starring Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack, Don Rickles, Wallace Shawn, Annie Potts, John Ratzenberger

Synopsis via Wikipedia:
Andy is now a young adult, departing for college, and his toys, including Woody and Buzz Lightyear are being sent to storage. Before the rest of the toys can be put in the attic, they are accidentally thrown away and are picked up by the garbage men. The toys find themselves at a local day-care center, where they must try to survive the pre-school children. Woody attempts to save his friends and find themselves a new home, but matters are further complicated when Buzz is damaged during an escape attempt, causing him to revert to a Spanish version of his original delusions of being a genuine space ranger.

Buzz and Woody are back! I love the first two movies. I was actuallly excited when Disney re-released the first two in 3D these past couple of weeks. Intoducing these two loved movies to a whole new generation. I was a bit surprised when I found out that actually had made a third movie. I guess they weren't sure when Disney and Pixar wanted to release this at the time when the two companies were still deciding about continuing the working relationship. I'm glad they did and we now get to see the adventure continue. This trailer looks really great and I'm excited for this to come out.

Opens June 2010


No comments:

 
web statistics