Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Holy Grail and Power

When times are down, sometimes all you need is a good laugh to perk up your spirits. Whether it be a good joke or something you've seen, laughing can do wonders in relieving stress. It can even keep you youthful. Or so I've heard from somewhere. But I like to think that to be true. It's good to have a chuckle at least once a day. It doesn't have to be side-splitting, belly aching funny. Life would be pretty boring, wouldn't it?

This week I'll leave you with a classic scene from one of my favorite comedic films. Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I love Monty Python. They brought comedy to another level with their show, Flying Circus, and, of course, with their movies. Once in a while I'll catch a rerun episode on BBC America. I guess there's always been something about British humor that's always appealed to me. The scene below is one of many hilarious scenes from the movie. It is between King Arthur and the Black Knight. If you haven't seen this movie, go watch it. It's definitely comedy at it's finest.



This week's trailer:

Adventures of Power
Written, directed, and starring by Ari Gold. Also starring Michale McKean, Jane Lynch, Shoshannah Stern, Chiu Chi Ling, and Adrian Grenier

Synopsis via Wikipedia
"'Adventures of Power' is a comedy about a mine-worker named Power whose love of drums and lack of musical skill has turned him into the ridiculed "air drummer" of his small town. But when Power's union-leader father calls a strike at the mine, Power discovers an underground subculture of air-drummers who just might hold the key to changing the world. Power's journey across America brings him face-to-face with his town's greatest enemy, and allows him to discover the beat within his own heart."



Just when you thought air guitar was "fo shizzle," how about air drumming? That's right, air drumming. Come on, admit it. You've tapped those non-existent drumsticks in the air and hit those non-existent snare, toms, and symbols like you just don't care. I know I have. (*insert grin here*) The trailer looks really funny. A throw back to all that cheesy 80s fashion, a bit reminiscent of Napoleon Dynamite. But I don't think Napoleon could have rocked the gym short shorts like Power can. I loved the Asian lady's reaction. Plus, there's some awesome 80s music. 


Opens Fall 2009.



No comments:

 
web statistics