Sunday, December 02, 2007

Christmas time is here

Christmas time is here,
happiness and cheer,
fun for all that children
call their favorite time of year.

Snowflakes in the air,
carols everywhere,
olden times and ancient rhymes
and love and dreams to share.

Sleigh bells in the air;
beauty every where;
yuletide by the fireside
and joyful memories there.

Christmas time is here;
we'll be drawing near;
oh that we could always see
such spirit through the year,
such spirit through the year.


You may remember this song from A Charlie Brown Christmas. This is one of my favorite songs for the season. Listening to this with a warm blanket and a cup of hot cocoa.

Also a little congrats to the USC Trojans on their victory against the UCLA Bruins. =)


edited to add:

I almost forgot that today is the death anniversary of a friend I lost in high school. It's been seven years. He died in 2000, which would have made us juniors. We were close in grade school, not as much in high school, but I still considered him one of my friends. Every once in a while I still think of him and pray that he's watching over us. I hope that his soul is in peace. It's weird to think that seven years has already passed. I can still clearly remember the day when I heard it happened. I received that call no one ever wants to get about anyone. He had actually died along with another person in the car accident. Gone too soon. He seemed to have so much potential too, yet sometimes we wonder why they chose to do what they did. We'll never know. But that was the past and I truly believe that I'll see him again in the afterlife.

I'll end with a simple prayer for the dead "Eternal rest give unto them O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen."

No comments:

 
web statistics