Sunday, May 18, 2008

Well here I am writing from the other side of the world. It's monday morning here in the Philippines, so that would make it sunday evening Los Angeles time.

I'm sort of still on LA time. Didn't get much sleep on the plane, but it's alright. After a 17 hour flight it makes it worth while. Going back to my mom's hometown. Seeing my cousins, aunts, uncles and grandmothers seeing their smiling faces. It feels like I haven't left. We started off right where we left off. It's semi-raining here too. A somewhat humid kind of rain that turns on and off with bursts of sunshine every now and then. Plus a touch of wind and breeze. Familiar to the SoCal weather, but twice as extreme. I'll try to post some photos later this week. I'm here during the time of a fiesta to Saint Raphael, so there will be festivities, prayers and food galore. I've made the next three weeks an exception to my diet. Hehe...

I've been here one full day and it feels like home already. I'm used to walking the streets and used to the way people drive. For those of you who've been to this country know how crazy it can be. It a walk and drive at your own risk. :) Somewhat used to the language. I can understand it, but not speak it so well.

This will be a fun trip. I'll write again later in the week with an update with some pics. (Hopefully) either way there will be a blog. Special entries during this trip. Alright, I'm going to hang with the family now. Ciao!!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments:

 
web statistics