Sunday, September 07, 2008

My Night with Nine Inch Nails

It's been a long while since I've been to a concert. So when tickets for the Nine Inch Nails concert went on sale, I jumped at the chance to purchase some. The concert was yesterday, Sept 6th, at the Forum in Inglewood, CA. And all I can say is that it was f'n AWESOME. Trent Reznor never ceases to amaze me. The opening act was a band called Deerhunter. They were alright. I was more focused on the main attraction. I didn't bring my camera because some places confiscate them or are not allowed. Oddly enough my phone doesn't have a camera, which luckily my friend did.

This pic was taken right before the opening act:




'Round 9:30pm. The main event begins. I love Trent Reznor. It's between him and Butch Walker, who's music I totally love as well. Reznor always coming up with some awesome music using some industrial beats and good ol' fashion rock'n'roll. There's no question that their live performances are always great. The night's set list consisted songs from the latest LP "The Slip" and some old faves from previous releases like Closer, Piggy, Head Like a Hole, and, of course, Hurt. They even played a few from the "Ghosts" LP.

All the staging, effects and lighting were amazing from soothing to seizure inducing, but in a good way. Giant curtain like screens from one and of the stage to the other showing a mish-mosh of visual effects to various songs. We had pretty good seats with a full view of the stage. Thank goodness for stadium seating or else with my height, I'd be doomed to tiptoe. That would not be fun. I moved and bopped my head and sang my little heart out whenever I could remember the words. Cheered and clapped with glee. Got myself a shirt. It was the last of the red design they had on display at a kiosk outside the arena. My legs ache, but it's one of those moments when it was worth it. Now it's back to the ho-hum of life. I slept soundly the night before as the happiness of the night still resounds within me. It was a fun night.

The picture below is was taken by a friend right before the encore. All the little white dots are from the cell phones of those in the pit.

No comments:

 
web statistics