Sunday, December 07, 2008

What a week. I saw two movies. First was Australia by Baz Lurhman (i.e. Romeo+Juliet, Moulin Rouge). Takes place in Northern Australia near the time of WWII. It involves love, land, cattle, and family. It had great cinematography. It was a movie of an epic scale. The kid in it was great. I liked it. Although be warned, it's three hours long. So make sure you don't drink a lot during the movie.

The second movie was Slumdog Millionaire by Danny Boyle (i.e Trainspotting, Sunshine). Based from the book Q&A. The setting takes place in India revolves around how an orphaned guy won millions in Rupees from their version of Who wants to be a Millionaire? and is under suspicion of cheating. I like this one as well. Probably more than Australia. There's quite a few good movies playing right now and I'm sure there are even more to come as it nears Christmas. Well, they always save the good ones for the holiday season.

I also went to go see one of my favorite musicians play at Largo at the Coronet theater. His name is Butch Walker. If you don't know him check out his stuff on itunes. He also produced albums for other artists like Pink. He played an acoustic set which made the performance even more intimate. Awesome seeing him live. Played songs from his latest album Sycamore Meadows and a few from his previous works. I think his most notable song would be "Mixtape". It was played on the OC or some show like it. Never watched those kids of shows.

In other news, I'd have to shout a "woohoo" for Manny Pacquiao for winning his match with Oscar de la Hoya last night in Vegas. PacMan dominating 8 rounds before the Golden Boy called it quits. It looked like he got a good beating from the round by round reports I've read. Makes me happy for my fellow countryman. I'm sure the Philippines is celebrating right now. Also another "woohoo" for USC beating UCLA (28-7).

It was a productive week. Glad I was able to keep myself busy in this time of uncertainty.


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments:

 
web statistics