Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Half-Blood Prince

Today's post won't be too long. I feel a bit lazy today, so I'm taking the opportunity to make it a Lazy Sunday. So I saw HP. Or as I like to call it, Hewlett Packard and the Hot Buttered Popcorn. If you find that oddly confusing then I've done my job. Of course, as I mentioned last week that I'm a fan of the series. Aside from that, this time around Half Blood Prince lived up to the hype. It's redeemed itself from the Order of the Phoenix, which I liked, yet found it rather unappealing. I think it ranks up there with one of the best in the series along with Prisoner of Azkaban. Yeah, I'd have to say that this would be the top. Don't worry, I'm not putting any spoilers here. You'll have to watch it to find out what happens in the story.
Anyone who has read the books, know that the story gets progressively darker by the seventh and final book. The sixth book does not have the happiest of endings, but I felt the writers of the script did a good job with adding a good mix of humor disbursed through the first half of the movie before all the serious stuff begins. I was equally impressed by the effects this time around. They've seemed to improve greatly over the years. We are dealing with a story of magic and wizardry. So we've got to see the magic somehow. The acting has very much improved among the your actors as well. It's funny to think that we've seen them all grow up in front of our eyes. They've really embodied Harry, Hermoine, Ron and the rest of characters.

Now I eagerly await for the final two movies. The final book, The Deathly Hallows, is divided into two movies, the first of which will be released in 2010. This is a good thing as the the final book does have quite a bit of detail that shouldn't be left out. I think that was a good choice Warner Brothers had made. You'd really want to ties the series up well.

Lastly, this week begins Comic-Con. Sadly, I'm not going this year. I've been reading at what panels and events are going to happen. I wish I was going!!!!! San Diego is not that far. Just a 2-hour drive. I missed in getting passes and it's sold out!! Ugh! Hopefully, next year. I hope to see lots of pictures and stories from the various panels. I wish all of going those a fun time.

No comments:

 
web statistics