Sunday, July 12, 2009

HP

Taken from fanpop.com


Not Hewlett-Packard. Though I do admit, they make some pretty hand dandy printers and all-in-one machines. No, I'm talking about Harry Potter. With the latest movie of the franchise coming out this week, I felt it appropriate to dedicate this week's post to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

I'm a fan of the books and the movies. The last one wasn't as well executed as its predecessors, but I've been a fan non-the-less and enjoyed every minute of them. I even watch the repeats when they're played on TV. Actually, I do that with most movies shown on TV. When, in fact, I have them on DVD. Call it laziness, but when it's on the tube, I'll still watch it. I get the DVDs for any special features. Watch it once, then watch it again. No matter how good or awful the movie was.

I was actually peeved when Warner Brothers decided to move the release date to this summer. Blame it on Twilight!! It was supposed to be released at the same time last November. I can understand why. I guess it was a good thing that they moved it. But still...the waiting. Oh, the waiting!

Here's a little quickie plot summary via IMDB:
As Harry Potter begins his 6th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he discovers an old book marked mysteriously "This book is the property of the Half-Blood Prince" and begins to learn more about Lord Voldemort's dark past.

Don't worry I won't give any details away. As with any adaptation, books and movies are completely different. Remember there's only so much you can show in the span of 90-min or 120-min. You'll probably find me at a midnight showing, if I can get my hands on some tickets before then.

Here's the trailer. Enjoy!!


No comments:

 
web statistics